March 22, 2011

A Dramatic, Elegant and Inviting Master Bedroom

Design Plan for: Master Bedroom
Client: Erica

(click to enlarge)


Erica, a busy wife and mother of three, was desperately looking to transform her bedroom into a romantic, inviting and elegant escape for her and her husband.  She and her hubby had already selected a new traditional style bed (pictured), and asked me to design the room around that piece of furniture while incorporating a visually stimulating color palette that would provide that "wow" factor upon entering. They also specified that I work in as many of their existing furniture pieces as possible, and keep the design to their 1k budget. Quite the interesting but exciting challenge!

I quickly went to work on a gorgeous color palette that I was sure would knock their socks off!   Here it is with all of the components and a brief caption on how they would be used in the room identified in each color swatch:

(click to enlarge)

As is identified by this color board, Benjamin Moore's Eggplant would play center stage as the dramatic accent wall in this space - the canvas from which I chose all of the other accent colors, like the Wasabi Green , the Gold and the Rust to play off of. The combination makes for a multi-layered, dimensional and super visually appealing space.

The style is a mix of traditional and contemporary elements creating the recipe for a beautiful transitional space. The design evokes a fresh and modern ambiance, jusxtaposed with elegant and  luxurious looking elements that tie everything together. The best part was that every single item selected for this design looks so much more expensive than its actual price-tag, I chose every item on sale or clearance!  As for the artwork, both of these amazing botanical prints will tie in perfectly into the scheme and can be found in my Fresh Fine Art Photography Shops. Despite some of the budget and space obstacles I had to encounter, I was so incredibly pleased with the end result of this design and even more importantly, so was Erica.

Here is Erica's  Testimonial in her own words:
"I am ABSOLUTELY IN-LOVE!!!!!!!! This is EXACTLY what I wanted, and so much more. Thank you so much for your patience, for sitting down and helping me determine what my style is and for coming up with a color palette that I love! You are AMAZING, next up my dining room and then hopefully the rest of the house!"

Here is the Before Picture:





For more information on the details  and components of this fantastic design plan, please reply to this post, or email me to cestlavie.events@gmail.com with your questions and comments.


Want to transform your own space on a budget? Please fill out my Decor Application Here or email me @ cestlavie.events@gmail.com.

4 comments:

  1. Beth ArnoldMarch 22, 2011

    ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! Your sooo talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I can't wait to see the after pics! Love your boards too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! As soon as the transform is complete I will personally be taking pictures to share:) So many of my other clients have promised me after pics, as soon as I recieve them I will post:)

    ReplyDelete