May 19, 2020

Shelter-in-Place Spring Decor Updates....

Hello friends! How is everyone holding up during this "new normal" and unprecedented time?   I hope everyone is keeping sane, safe and healthy. We are taking this day by day, thankful for every new day we stay healthy and praying intensely for all those who have personally been affected by this global pandemic.

One advantage of all of this extra free time at home is working on home projects and decor updates.  Early this year, around January, we decided to invest in a few more furniture pieces to complete the living room area of our open floor plan for extra seating and a more intimate conversation area. We scored two arm chairs that fulfilled all the aspects we were looking for: sleek, comfortable, neutral colored and low-profile.  The arm chairs we found also had the added benefit to be swivel chairs for added versatility.  Here they are pictured below:



HomeSense (a TJ Maxx Subsidiary) is quite the treasure trov for stylish Decor and Furniture pieces at decent prices!

We also happened upon the most delicate and classic art piece for a space on our gallery wall that previously had a popular Target art piece, only as a place holder. When I saw "Angelique" - because she looks French to me - I knew I had to bring her home:


She's just perfect and ties into the other Classic and French inspired female decor pieces in my space, i.e. - Colette.

and Madelyn...


The Target artwork piece will now live in our Office where there was a large blank wall in need of some color and style:




As for what I have up my sleeve for DIY projects during this shelter-in-place time, its the final piece to complete our living room gallery wall. Here are a few inspiration pieces as a hint of what I'm working on:




I finally received all of the components via Amazon Prime, and as soon as it's complete Ill be sharing on the Blog, so please stay tuned...

What have you been doing during this extra time? I'd love to know. Comment below.


xoxo,

Lyra G.

No comments:

Post a Comment