October 10, 2016

Recent Decor and DIY updates for Chateau C'est La Vie

Hi friends! It has been almost a year since I last shared a decor related post and thought it would be fun to share some pictures of  a few recent changes I have made to some of the rooms in our humble abode - chateau c'est la vie - as well as some creative table-scape ideas I put together using affordable items I already had and inexpensive supermarket florals.

 The result is elegant and chic but as always,  affordable and budget-friendly. Enjoy!


Since Fall 2016 is most definitely in the air and my in-laws were coming over for dinner, decided to put together a Fall inspired tablescape with bold colors, some items I already had in storage and super-market flowers.  I love the way it turned out and so did they!  This was the perfect setting to serve my wine and mushroom gravy pot roast over garlic Parmesan mashed potatoes and my pear and cranberry salad. Got rave reviews all around!




These leaf motif napkin holders were originally a dark forest green when I  purchased them from a  Micheal's clearance bin.  They were a good quality metal, I just painted them white with craft paint and for only $4 for four of them, (bit of a tongue twister there) they turned out to be a deal I couldn't beat. The white chargers I also purchased for sale during the winter time at the off season clearance section. Always great to check out clearance sections during the off season for great deals!




Had some left-over flowers from the bundle I purchased at the super-market, so I added them to other areas of my kitchen to add a little Fall color pop to those areas as well.  Like my DIY chalkboard? I used an old outdated glass and frame and some chalkboard paint to create this. I love how I can change up the wording depending on my mood. .Bon Appetit Mon Amis!


Date night at home is some of our favorite moments. For this special night with the hubby, I decorated the table with an intimate setting for two. Plates on clearance from Marshalls Home Goods, DIY fabric napkins, bird motif on clearance from a Micheals bin, Costco roses, and used a good bottle of wine as part of the centerpiece. Dinner was a shrimp scampi over linguine, the hubs was a happy man!



The best way to brighten, soften and romanticize a room, is to add beautiful fresh flowers as I did here in our living room, I used the bottom of a lovely glass apothecary jar gifted to me by my sister, as the vase. Adore the combination of these lovely flowers with the stack of vintage books and my little ceramic bird I painted white (was originally brown.)  A Vignette like this in the middle of a cold winter day, is the perfect pick me up.




And finally, in  our extra bedroom which serves as a multi-purpose room (man cave, office, guest room) we swapped out the ol' futon there that  had received quite a bit of love over the years, for a functional but stylish sectional sleeper with extra storage. It works perfectly in here with the cooler toned color scheme of blues,grays and that pop of yellow.  Went to pick it up at our local IKEA, we were glad we had waited till this year,as there was a $100 less price difference from last year.  For those interested, here is the link to purchase this great sectional - FRIHETEN Sectional Sleeper.


And those are all the decor updates for now. (Please note all these pictures were taken by my phone camera, so excuse the quality.)

I will be sharing more decor and DIY updates soon. I have many upcoming projects I want to tackle for 2017 so please stay tuned!


xoxo,

Ly

No comments:

Post a Comment